To register for an event, contact your district coordinator. Each district has an individual designated as the Speech/Language coordinator or lead. If you are unsure who that is in your district, contact your ESE Director.
For educators not affiliated with a district, email Alice Kaye Emery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4/20/2023 - 4/21/2023
2023 Leaders Event for OT/PT and SLP Coordinators
Location: Safety Harbor
Presenter(s): Jose L. Martín, J.D., Attorney at Law
- A representative of the FDOE Bureau of Exceptional
Education and Student Services will provide an update on current
topics of interest relevant to related services.
- Attendees will also
have opportunities to share ideas and successes using 10&10.
- Jose L. Martin, Attorney at Law will discuss common legal issues related to SLP, OT, and PT services in schools
- Consultancy Protocol - Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions/present challenges and have their colleagues assist with solutions.
We are asking all attendees to select at least one of two options to participate in group sharing. (You may do both!)
- Share a successful strategy you have developed in a 10 & 10 session. This will consist of you presenting to approximately 8 of your peers for approximately 10 minutes telling them about the use of a tool, resource, or strategy to support delivery of related services and/or therapy in your district. Following your presentation, the group will ask you questions about the tool, resource, or strategy for 10 minutes. To select this option click on this link and provide the information requested by March 31th.
- Consultancy protocol. This is a format where you bring a challenge you are experiencing related to effective implementation of related services and/or therapy and share it with approximately 8 of your peers. They will work through a discussion protocol while you listen and provide possible solutions. To select this option please click on this link and provide the information requested by March 31.
Hotel Reservation and Event Registration
Reservations for sleeping rooms and event registrations are now closed. If you need to change or cancel your reservation or registration status, please contact Jennifer Reeves at email@example.com AND Alice Kaye Emery at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do NOT contact the hotel directly.
Time: DAY 1:
Onsite Sign In is at 1:00 PM;
Event runs from 1:30 PM-4:30 PM
Onsite Sign In is at 8:00 AM;
Event Runs from 8:30 AM-3:30 PM
Safety Harbor Resort and Spa
105 North Bayshore Drive
Safety Harbor, FL 34695
Registration Deadline: 3/26/2023