To register for an event, contact your district coordinator. Each district has an individual designated as the OT/PT coordinator or lead. If you are unsure who that is in your district, contact your ESE Director.
For educators not affiliated with a district, email Lynne Garcia at email@example.com.
4/20/2023 - 4/21/2023
2023 Leaders Event for OT/PT and SLP Coordinators
Location: Safety Harbor
Presenter(s): Jose L. Martín, J.D., Attorney at Law
- A representative of the FDOE Bureau of Exceptional
Education and Student Services will provide an update on current
topics of interest relevant to related services.
- Attendees will also
have opportunities to share ideas and successes using 10&10.
- Jose L. Martin, Attorney at Law will discuss common legal issues related to SLP, OT, and PT services in schools
- Consultancy Protocol - Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions/present challenges and have their colleagues assist with solutions.
We are asking all attendees to select at least one of two options to participate in group sharing. (You may do both!)
- Share a successful strategy you have developed in a 10 & 10 session. This will consist of you presenting to approximately 8 of your peers for approximately 10 minutes telling them about the use of a tool, resource, or strategy to support delivery of related services and/or therapy in your district. Following your presentation, the group will ask you questions about the tool, resource, or strategy for 10 minutes. To select this option click on this link and provide the information requested by March 31th.
- Consultancy protocol. This is a format where you bring a challenge you are experiencing related to effective implementation of related services and/or therapy and share it with approximately 8 of your peers. They will work through a discussion protocol while you listen and provide possible solutions. To select this option please click on this link and provide the information requested by March 31.
Hotel Reservation and Event Registration
Reservations for sleeping rooms and event registrations are now closed. If you need to change or cancel your reservation or registration status, please contact Jennifer Reeves at firstname.lastname@example.org AND Alice Kaye Emery at email@example.com. Please do NOT contact the hotel directly.
Time: DAY 1:
Onsite Sign In is at 1:00 PM;
Event runs from 1:30 PM-4:30 PM
Onsite Sign In is at 8:00 AM;
Event Runs from 8:30 AM-3:30 PM
Safety Harbor Resort and Spa
105 North Bayshore Drive
Safety Harbor, FL 34695
Registration Deadline: 3/31/2023
4/15/2023 - 8/15/2023
Summit, Online/Self study courses
Presenter(s): Online Summit
WWE is pleased to announce a continuation of our partnership with Summit Professional Education. Access to Summit’s full CE course library will be made available for one full year providing completion of the requirement listed below.
Therapists will have until August 15, 2023 to complete and submit a certificate for a course in one of the topic areas below. Please note that these are suggested topic areas and not actual names of a course:
- Behavior Strategies for the Classroom
- Effective Documentation
- Executive Functioning
- Sensory Needs / Educationally Relevant Therapy
- Legal Issues
- Seating / Gait / Orthopedic Dysfunction
Following fulfillment of this obligation all other courses in the library are available to WWE registered participants through the remainder of the year, through 4/15/2024.
PLEASE NOTE! It is very important that your WWE account has an accurate email address as this will be the email used by Summit to add you to their system. If you wish to use a personal email address please edit that in your WWE account
Certificates of Completion need to be emailed to Lynne Garcia as a PDF ATTACHMENT, not as a picture inserted into an email, thank you. firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: At your own pace however, A Certificate of Completion must be sent to Lynne Garcia BEFORE the deadline of 8/15/2023
Online, Online 00000
Registration Deadline: 4/1/2023
4/17/2023 - 4/17/2023
Game of Access: Explore & Win!
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Presenter(s): Lourdes C. Day, M.ED, ATP, Kathleen Glus, M.A. CCC-SLP, Janet Good, Nancy Hoppe, OTR, MHS, ATP
Students with complex bodies need ways to independently make choices and access the curriculum. This session will provide participants with hands-on exploration of various switch types and features, mouse alternatives, an overview of the critical considerations for seating and positioning, and winning strategies for educational access. Participants will experience scanning options and digital tools. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to explore built-in computer and tablet accessibility.
**Note: Registered participants should bring their mobile devices (iOS if possible) and a laptop to the Game of Access training. You will need them for some of the hands on activities that have been planned.
Time: 8:00 AM-3:30 PM,
On-site check-in begins at 7:30am
Embassy Suites - Fort Lauderdale
1100 SE 17th St. Causeway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Registration Deadline: 4/3/2023
Comments: A block of rooms are on hold for the night of April 16th @ $219.00. Please contact
Complex Catering Sales Manager
Direct: (954) 315-1328
Hotel: (954) 527-2700